Infinitum Education is committed to ensuring the highest possible standard of safeguarding.
Our child protection policies and procedures have been developed alongside former officers from the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre and our volunteer tutor recruitment and selection process has a number of provisions which aim to provide a safe educational environment. These include the following provisions:
- All communications between tutors and students take place through our online learning platform. This means that personal contact details about the student and parents (including email addresses and telephone number) remain private and confidential and are not visible to the tutor. Similarly the tutors personal contact details and full name is not shared with the student.
- Our terms and conditions do not allow any contact between tutors and students outside the website.
- All tutorials are recorded and made available for playback to schools and students.
- All tutors must either hold a current and active university email address or provide a professional reference that will be verified. Without this they cannot accepted on our volunteer tutor programme.
- We give preference to tutors who declare their DBS/CRB status and this information is displayed along with each tutor’s record.
We have a link with the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP). Visit their website for more internet safety advice.